weight loss weblog

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Peroxide in the Ears part 2

OH..I didnt realize my little post would start a debate so I will just tell you where I stand. After a year 1/2 of ear infections, sinus troubles, colds , all manner of flu and lethargy. And after 6 rounds of antiboitics and several attempts at other herbal, medicinal tries I am trying this. I dont figure it would hurt me as peroxide is what they use anyways to remove wax build up. If it works..then praise the Lord!

I know years ago in medicine it was thought weird to wash hands period..and now that is known for passing infections and spreading germs and NOW part of every medical practice. So..I guess I am not quick to dismiss things just because of how weird they sound. If I remember right the Doctor that first suggested hand washing was laughed to scorn. So NOT debating here whether its sound practice or not or dangerous or not..if anything I will have the cleanest ears around.

And since I am not exactly conventional anyways..(insane, 8 kids need we say more) I guess it kind of is up my alley. But I promise you..if it has no merits..I won't continue my nightly torture sessions.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Hansen said...

;)

January 14, 2006 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James....The thing that Peroxide will do for ears, is clean them out. It is a good tool for that, but also soapy warm water will do good for that too. As a child growing up in the 1940's there were all kinds of home remidies for ear aches and such. Most of which were not helpful. I remember my friends mother used warm oil in his ears to relieve aches brought on, by us playing out side in the cool evenings. Maybe that was why we had to talk so loud for him to hear us. Removing earwax can be done with soapy water, or resting the head on a warm heating pad. During the winter months, we have to watch out that we don't go from being over heated, to being cold. The back and forth effects on our systems is taxing to the bodies defense agains't germs. Little ones, play hard, get flushed and then stand around getting chilled. One of the things that Newbies to Montana were warned about was bundling the infants too much that they would sweat and then get cold. Good thing I have raised mine, as I am too tired to go through all that again. Hugs and Stuff.

January 15, 2006 6:21 AM  
Blogger Joni said...

Hey Jamie, first time reading your blog. I use to put peroxide in my ears just because I am crazy about having them clean. I did not experience pain or anything freaky when I did this. Maybe i didn't leave it in that long, not sure. Didnt do any harm to me, in fact I should go back to doing it. LOL

January 15, 2006 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie, I left you all a comment on the last one, where the debate ensued. Sorry, wasn't paying attention!! :)

January 15, 2006 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home