weight loss weblog

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Teens Teens Teens

I just realized..OK I have realized for a while but this is the year I enter into a NEW chapter in my life. Its called having 3 teens under one roof at one time. I will have a 16, 15, 13 year old come May 29th. My poor mom had more than that! I still dont know how she made it. I find myself saying the same things she did. NO matter what you say you will never do..I guarantee you will when you have kids. In fact I think the more you say YOU won't do something pretty much seals the deal.

You know I am so glad I have young children and teens. I find it keeps me very young at heart and busy. I sometimes read some of these spiritual blogs and crack up! Sometimes they just seem so fantasticly perfect or they seem that way..(or how they want you to view them). Me... I'm not that way..although I do have a deep side..(twilight zone music plays) and once in a while I'll let it out..but honestly I just think..get over yourself Jamie when I start to get that way. To me a joyful happy person is worth far more than all the deep thinking. I think I lost my infatuation with "spiritual" people years ago. I like real people. People who are not afraid to be themselves. HONESTLY I could bog you down with these wonderful truths and blah blah blah but instead I would rather give you the happy, sad, quirky, weird strange parts of my life. There are many! So you wont be disappointed! Plus my parents read my blog and they would totally razz me! Right Dad?

Anyways, back to teens. Where do they actually come from? I have a theory that on the night of their birthday, there is like this automatic shutoff to common sense. It turns on sometime later in life. You never know exactly when. Women tend to get theirs upon the birth of their first born child..(thats why I am sooo incredibly smart as I had Justin at 19.. LOLOL ...hey I was kidding..quit scowling at me ok this is where you say..JAMIE get over yourself! So say it I can take it.) OF course like evolution I can not prove my theory but if you repeat it enough times to all your friends it will become fact.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Hansen said...

You SO don't need me to get on my soapbox! Fake people drive me up a wall.

As for teenagers, I'm trying to remember EVERYTHING now so when they do get that old and I want to kill them, I can remember back to a time when they were sweet. If you ever figure out a way to skip the teenage years let me know! :)

January 11, 2006 8:43 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Uh oh are we having one of "those" kind of days ;) -you make me laugh no matter what kind of mood you are in Jamie-I love you and sooo appreciate your consistent joyful spirit no matter your circumstance. And I can say that from knowing you in person :)

January 11, 2006 8:49 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh no...Brianna has started early, she already knows it ALL at 4! "I know that mom" Guess I am going to have the world's "smartest" teen huh? great, looking forward to it (rolling eyes)

January 11, 2006 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, my, Jamie. Is someone around you getting too spiritual?? Who ever it is better LOOK OUT!!!
And yes, Heather, she IS having one of those days!!!

January 11, 2006 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home