weight loss weblog

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Washing Diapers

I'm caught up with laundry and our sad sad dryer is still working. Right now I am washing diapers. Maybe I'm a little wierd but when I wash my babies diapers I feel like such an awesome mom! Being a mother of 8 kids I dont I get too many pats on the back..so its nice to find things that give you a feeling of accomplishment. I know, its not like mountain climbing or shooting off into space but hey I am pretty easy to please! There are several things that when I get them done, they make me feell like a super woman! One is Laundry. I love love love to complain about it. But I love to get it done! What a great feeling! It always cracks me up when I do complain my laundry to others, it seems to be like labor/ birth stories, women always want to out do another with their story. You know..if you were in pain..someone else was in worse pain. If you had a 31 hour labor someone else had 50 hours. So cracks me up. I usually just smile at these women when they tell their stories..but I must confess I sometimes egg them on. And yes I sometimes enjoy out doing others..but mostly I just enjoy hearing others in their quest to be the best, have the most etc. Story.


Back to things that make me feel awesome.
I feel awesome when:
My bed is made and my room picked up .
Vaccuming
Jojo's diapers are clean!
Laundry is caught up.
When I breastfeed my babies!
Changing diapers! I know weird huh?
My dishes are clean!
Mopped floor..( ok so this one doesn't happen very often.)

SO HOOORAY! And my dishes are done, my room is clean. My living room could stand for attention, but I am totally relaxing and enjoying my super awesome mom/wife Jamie status! My girls and Joshua and Jared are outside playing and I have a baby asleep on the couch. I am sitting here helping Jacob and Jason finish school. The air is crisp and beautiful it is a perfect day!

I also kind of laugh at the things that make me feel this way. Its not something big or major accomplishments. It's the "domestic" things. Things you don't get a pat on the back for. No Nobel prize or woman of the year but I love that God made me to feel content and happy with things most women run away from. I love being a Mom. I love taking care of kids and cleaning my house. (I might still complain about it though.)

Now I would be painting a too rosey of a picture if I didnt say or admit to the fact that sometimes I dont always enjoy it. I might spend ahem too long on the computer one day and not take care of my home , dinner will be late and maybe burnt..and the house is a mess. Its really hard to pull together your home before hubby comes home if you have spent all day on the computer yaking with people. I end up unhappy and dissatisifed with myself, and my family but mostly me because I KNOW to do right! I know what my family needs to run well and somedays I just dont do it. Somedays I'm GASP SELFISH with my time.

Over this past year the Lord has convicted me about the amount of time I spend online. Especially time on the computer when my family is awake! Slowly but surely I am spending less and less time on the computer. And the phone. Another major time waster. I feel like last year was the year to get my priorities right. This year feels far more relaxed and prioritized!

When I do those things I KNOW I ought to do, my life feels in place. Its when I am out of balance that my life feels hectic and rushed. So I am enjoying my beautiful relaxed and unrushed day. In a little while we will eat dinner and head to church and then come home and of course have a snack ( lemon bars again Dawn) then I will read my Bible and fall asleep.

yeah! A perfect day! :) All because I am washing diapers!

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Just ask the Lord to help you stay off the computer more, and He'll kill it for you. He zapped mine, and now I have to share with Beth. Keeps me off a LOT more! LOL And I'm a lot happier and my house is cleaner.

January 12, 2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

Your list made me tired (yawn)!

The lemon bars to sound good though.

January 12, 2006 5:14 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

heather...trust me i dont do all that on my list every day..and with 8 kids I do have helpers..but those are the pick me up list of awesome things..I have more! :)

January 12, 2006 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been doing the same here. It's been a blessing to my family and my home with me off the computer more..

January 13, 2006 5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you've made me want to go do some cleaning!
I love that feeling too.

January 13, 2006 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home