weight loss weblog

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Fear

Recently on a message board I am on there was a slight difference of opinion about how to handle fear in your child. I had mentioned maybe not so eloquently LOL but I had mentioned that we Biblically correct our children when fear gets out of hand..ie it becomes a way to bring attention to either control the parents actions or get their way.
I recently found an article that really expresses the way I think. I do realize FEAR is a natural part of life but just as we need to teach our children boundaries and good citizenship we need to teach them that there is NOTHING to fear. Article on Fear

Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. "

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I agree, children can use these things to control us. But I do believe in acknowledging there is a human emotion of fear and resolving why there should not be. Uncontrollable anger stems from a fearful heart..I wish my parents would have worked with me (Biblically) at an early age on having a fearful heart. Good article

November 30, 2005 4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good article. I like how he said to go about it gradually. I guess we could use this approach with almost any fear.

November 30, 2005 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home