weight loss weblog

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I cant believe I forgot this!

And Jim said I can blog this..so I am still obeying! TODAY I was calling in the kids from outside and after they went in I kept hearing this thumping wierd sound. Well I look and on the light fixture on our back porch was a wire hanger and a magnet. ( We had set them there a while back) Well the light was on and while that light was on..it the wire hanger was flipping out. I guess its been doing that a LONG time cause that wire has been there a LONG time! Of course it scared me to death and I didnt say a WORD but turned off the light.

Well Jim came home and I showed him and of course he was doing experiments with it..bending the wire..( after turning it off) I dont know if it has a current but it had something to do with that magnet there. I tell you I almost had a heart attack. If you dont know me..I kind of flip out over dangerous stuff.

Like I have this HORRIBLE fear of our garbage compactor. We have one and I hate that thing. I cant explain it but it just scared me. I wont use it and sometimes I flip out if the kids use it. Jim LOVES It and I know I am not submissive about it..but I will say stuff like I hate it..just because I am terrified of it. Right now it needs to be cleaned out so its on the back porch unplugged. THANK THE LORD.

I have honestly tried and tried to get over my fear. Kind of like how I forced myself to get over the fear of the garbage disposal. I would NEVER reach my hand in there to get stuff out. I would always make Jim do it..but he will just run that thing..ruining whats in there till it either goes through or stops the motor..Usually the later and I would have to call maintance to come in..or worse I would have to reach my hand in there and fish it all out. Well, its taken years but a few years ago I got over my fear. Ok no one is allowed in the kitchen when I am cleaning it out..oh and I flip out a little if anyone even looks at the on switch.

Yes I am a little high strung about dangerous stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

LOLOL that's ok, my dad strung up some "live wire" to kill bats in the attic...talk about dangerous

November 16, 2005 11:31 PM  
Blogger Sarah Joy said...

My brother was a pastor for a couple of years at this church that had this thing rigged up with the baptistry to heat the water. It was a live wire that you were supposed to stick into the water to heat it up while the service was going on. It electrified the water! Needless to say, that was one of the first things to change. I get nervous about stuff like that.

November 17, 2005 12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home