weight loss weblog

Sunday, October 16, 2005

We got some devastating news tonight.

We just found out our Pastors Son who is in Iraq was killed today. We are devastated. I just can't begin to express the sorrow we feel for our Pastor and his family. We had intended to visit a new church that is having its first service tomorrow morning. It is a new church starting here in 29 Palms. But with this news, I just want to be there for our Pastor. We love our church family and just feel we need to be there for them. Knowing that Tim was saved and walking with the Lord is a big relief, but we still mourn for him and the loss to this family. Please pray for Pastor Rob Watkins, his wife Terri and their children.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Joy said...

Jamie I am so sorry for all of you. I will be in prayer and will spread the news for others to fervently pray for your church and pastor tomorrow. I can't imagine what your pastor and the church family is going through right now... Praying for God's presence to manifest with comfort!

October 16, 2005 12:47 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Jamie, I sure am praying. That is so sad.

October 16, 2005 5:41 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Bill and I are praying for y'all and also for your pastor and church family!!!!

October 16, 2005 11:12 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Praying here for your pastor and church family. They are one of our supporting churches and have upheld us in prayer many times, I'm sure; now we want to do the same for them in their time of need.

October 16, 2005 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I will be praying for them...

October 16, 2005 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home