weight loss weblog

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Weight Loss

You know something I struggle with my weight. YOU can't see it in that picture..thanks to skillfull cropping of the head from my body..but I have a lot of weight to lose. I have lost weight before with exercise..and I have lost with diet..Its hard for me. It is a major sacrifice to lose the weight and sometimes I dont want to put forth the effort. The whole point of this is an observation. Not that I am this super spiritual person..I'm not..but I know people who seem to have an answer to everything..but like me struggle with their weight. I know when I give advice I cant imagine anyone taking my advice seriously when I have such a besetting and OBVIOUS sin problem.

My sin with my weight is no different than any other sin. And because of this I have never felt I could give much Godly advice because one look at me trying to save them from their sinful selves they would think..maybe someone should take her fork away! I know this is kind of a weird ramble and not really meant for anything just kind of rambling on. I wonder too often how many people I have turned away from the Lord because of this sin and how much advice has fallen on deaf ears because if I cant have victory over this how can I encourage others to have victory in anything? So I will be charting my weightloss the next few months..year what ever it takes. I probably wont publish the weight..at least for now..since family reads this and they arent always gracious! ( you know they tell it like it is cause they know you)

My only goals right now are to
1. Walk mile each day.
2. To not overeat.

5 Comments:

Blogger Her said...

I will be praying for you. And I must admitt that when some one gave me good Godly advice that my flesh did not want to hear I would cling to the excuse you just described. But that is all it is..an excuse. If you have to be sinless to give advice then we all need to shut our mouths.
Lose the weight girl, but if God wants you to speak up, speak up.
Satan is the one who reminds us of our sins.
God did something about our sin debt.

October 11, 2005 6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked what Stephanie said...we are ALL with sin...somewhere, visible or not. But, I have to admit, I do understand what you are saying...I think you are referring to those who appear...or at least WANT to appear to be perfect....and soooo together...it almost seems like an oxymoron. Truth be told, skinny or fat, those pious people are everywhere and they get on MY NERVES TOO LOL! I love you, Jamie...I think you are the sweetest! I will listen to your input ANY DAY, Girl!
Love ya,
gina

October 11, 2005 7:58 PM  
Blogger Sarah Joy said...

Jamie please speak out any time the Lord moves you! If any of us say that we have arrived, then we have a pride problem. Your transparancy challenges me, and God will use it!!!
And good luck on the weight work. I have been far too chicken to talk about it much--on the well or my blog. Cluck cluck!

October 11, 2005 9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie,
I struggle with the same issue you have described. I have begun an interactive program online, with a mentor that prays for me daily. Something about accountability and me not wanting to waste someone's time by not giving some effort. I will pray for you, too. Anyway, this is the link if you were curious:

http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/lords_table/
Jenn

October 16, 2005 12:45 PM  
Blogger redneck preacher said...

I am Sarah Joys dad and just read the weight loss thingy. I have lost 70 lbs since August. Actually I am doing something pretty dramatic but there is a very helpful site www.healthsteward.com The doctor who started this weighed 467 lbs and took and kept it off. He is a believer and wrote the book "my big fat greek diet" It has been a great support system without the psychobabble.
I am recovering from a tooth extraction and Sarah pointed me to your blog as something to read. Cool. I was a Jarhead from 65 to 69 and am very proud of what our Marines are doing today.

October 19, 2005 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home