weight loss weblog

Friday, October 07, 2005

Goodbye again!

Jim left this morning. The blessing is..he was able to stay home a few more days than we expected! I am very glad about that. Now he is off to Yuma for a month. HE *MIGHT* get to come home next weekend but after that he will be gone continously till they all come back, sometime in November. ONCE we get through this we will have one more training in December for 2 weeks then he will be home till he leaves in Jan/Feb.

Tonight Jessica had to miss her soccer game. She was so sad and cried. I felt so bad but there was nothing I could do. Our van is really giving me fits again. I never heard it so clunky..It seemed to barely make it home. I turned around and drove back after driving down the street. I didnt want to end up stranded with 8 kids. Of course this is really bad timing for us.

My ears are bothering me again. I seem to have an ear infection continually and sinus trouble also. I dont know what it is..maybe its allergies? I just want to be better. Its getting harder and harder to smile through all of this. I know I am trying to draw closer to the Lord through it all. I know its NOTHING compared to what Christ has done for me.

Its times like these that all those songs and hymns of relief come in handy. One I keep singing is Tell it to Jesus.


Verse 1
Are you weary, are you heavy hearted?
Tell it to Jesus, Tell it to Jesus
Are you grieving over joys departed?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Verse 2
Do the tears flow down your cheeks unbidden?
Tell it to Jesus, Tell it to Jesus
Have you sins that to men's eyes are hidden?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Verse 3
Do you fear the gathering clouds of sorrow?
Tell it to Jesus, Tell it to Jesus
Are you anxious what shall be tomorrow?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Verse 4 Are you troubled at the thought of dying?
Tell it to Jesus, Tell it to Jesus
For Christ's coming Kingdom are you sighing?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Chorus
Tell it to Jesus, tell it to Jesus,
He is a friend that's well known;
You've no other such a friend or brother,
Tell it to Jesus alone



This is one of my favorite songs. I have so many favorites! I also LOVE to hear how these songs were penned. God has been so very good to us. I know we will get through this..he has never failed us although we have failed him so many times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I am lifting you up in prayer Jamie. I have always admired your ability to smile and laugh and continue on during tribulation. May you have a blessed day.

October 08, 2005 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home