weight loss weblog

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Cloth Diapers

As some of you know I am using cloth. After YEARS of using cloth, I stopped around the time Joshua was 6 months old. I don't remember my reasons why..but I must of had a good one. Well with Joseph..after battling diaper rash after rash after rash I went back to cloth diapers. I still LOVE IT! How in the world can you love cloth diapers? I don't know..I just do.

Anyways, With all the rest of the kids, I didnt venture out and try diapers. I had a friend that used Motherease One size snap diapers..and because they were snaps and so easy to use..I just stuck with them. Well this time I had a partner in crime who unbeknownst to each other we were had made the decision to cloth diaper and when we told each other we kind of laughed because we were both going to! This time around I tried out diapers..and I am so glad I did. Well maybe??
Anyways, I thought I would do my own personal review of diapers for anyone who is interested or happens by. I will do a few diapers and you can read or skip if you want.

First I will tell you what I wont use.
ANYTHING VELCRO
1. It is scratchy and I dont want that on my sugar babies.
2. It will cling and ruin other diapers. (trust me on this.)
3. It makes a HUGE velcro ball in the dryer..even if you think you closed them all.

PREFOLDS
1. I don't do pins
2. I don't do pins
3. I don't do the t-strap thingy either.

Prefolds however are the cheapest way to go..if you get really good quality prefolds..the junk from the store is NOT worth the money. If you do want to go the prefold route buy diaper service quality. You can find them under chinese prefolds..unbleached or bleached..even indian prefolds. Do a little research..just don't buy from walmart .and nothing with polyfill..you want absorbancy..so get cotton or hemp or what ever.

Ok NOW to what I love. I LOVE FUZZI BUNZ diapers. My favorite place to buy them is Cotton Babies (because they include the inserts). They come in a variety of colors and have an awesome resale value. They are a little expensive..but with the insert they are very competitive. They are called pocket diapers. The reason is..they have 2 different materials put together to form a pocket for inserts. Waterproof PUL outside and fleece inside. They are super soft. PLUS the fleece insides keeps moisture away from their skin so FEWER rashes.
You stuff them and put them on and go. They are hard to stain! (Jojo keeps trying!) And with the inserts pulled out..they are a snap to wash. I wash the covers seperately from the inserts and they dry super fast. If you get Cotton Babies inserts ( remember FREE with pocket) they are microfiber which is a great material. Super absorbent but has natural antibacterial properties..so properly washed they are a super diaper.
I love them. If I had the money I would get rid of all my other diapers and buy all Fuzzi Bunz diapers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch for the info! We're going to try chinese prefolds from CottonBabies... and use the Snappi. ;) The covers we're getting are snaps, not velcro--honestly, velcro doesn't seem to make much sense to me, either! We'll see how that goes. I did quite a bit of research and think this might work for us, but we'll see. Having never had a baby before... ;) ;)
I was originally looking at the Fuzzi Bunz, but they're just SO expensive! And I read that they wear out faster and won't often last for more than one child. But I sure like the idea of the pocket diaper, as well as the free inserts from CB. Maybe I'll end up getting a couple after the baby's born to see what I think.

February 09, 2006 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home