weight loss weblog

Saturday, February 04, 2006

WOW its already SATURDAY!

Lets see what I haven't told you?

Justin flew Thursday and LANDED THE PLANE! He was pretty excited! Other than being sick this week and having some chaotic days with school and running around its been pretty normal. Well Yesterday was supposed to be normal but it wasn't but I dont even have the energy to relieve that!

I am started a diet and I am doing well with it!

My only rant this week is about something that happened at the commissary yesterday. I took my kids to the commissary and some woman decided to comment that My you have your hands full. Normally I just kind of ignore them and smile and move on but in the last couple years my boldness has emerged and so I said firmly "NO, I DON'T" I didnt even raise my voice or anything just remarked back and kept on with what I was doing. What bugs me about that comment is first off..because I have a large family it seems people just think they have permission to make any comment they want. Like I was in the doctors office with my friend yesterday and this guy comes in and commented about Alayna having a pacifier and going on and on how I should put mustard on it. I said..she's only 2 and she is fine. You have no idea what is going on in her life. He continued on. I wasn't going to explain to him..well she was almost off the pacifier but recently she has gotten 4 new children in her life and so now she is clinging more to her pacifier than she did before. Plus the fact that they JUST moved here not even 2 months ago..she has had a lot of upheavel in her life I think the pacifier is nothing compared to how she could act out and behave. BUT people want to make comments where its not their buisness.
Having 8 children opens me up to that all the time. Some of the comments I get are:
"do you know how that happens?" "are they all yours?" "did you plan it this way?" "you must not watch tv?" "are you going to have more?" "So are you finished?" "have you ever heard of birthcontrol?" I mean where in the world do people feel bold enough to ask these questions? I don't go around asking people about their sex life.

For years I was nice and tried to find some cute retorts back to them but sometimes I get fed up with it and will just put them in their place. Sometimes I will say to prying questions..Thats really not any of your buisness is it? And walk away. Sometimes I am a little more shocking.

So that has been my week. I will leave you with this happening that happened to me Thursday.
It has been a long joke on a board I am on, about not wearing flip flops to church. Some women are very adamant about it not being proper. Some are more relaxed. I don't really care personally although I would rather NOT wear them. Well Thursday is our church service and after running around all day with Justin's flying lesson I came home to fix dinner and was running scrambling around getting the kids ready. My boys were singing their first special ever that night also so I was also helping them prepare for that. Well Jim came home and while we were upstairs ( and just about to go) I said.."I need to change my shoes I would be so embarrassed to wear flip flops to church." And anyways, I ran down stairs grabbed Bibles, diaper bag..baby, fixed Jerrica's hair, and got kids in the van..next thing Jim gets out the door and says..lets go lets go ..so I hopped in the van and about a mile down the road I go..OH NO I didn't change my shoes!

Well we get there to church and Jim stands up and announces to the whole church "Jamie is a little embarrassed tonight because she wore her flip flops to church." I about died!

So much for hoping no one noticed.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you having any more??
HA HA HA HA!!

February 04, 2006 11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY. You didn't tell me about the pacifier thing, you see what I mean, though?? That's how my WHOLE family was too. AND. The flip-flops. Too funny. Man, miss a night and you miss everything. I'm SUCH a slacker. :)
(I have like 3 more nasty comments to make, but I backspaced them all. Ask me later!!)

February 04, 2006 11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we get asked if our eight kids are 'all ours' ,my dh's response is: "nah, they're half mine and half hers!" Then they never know how to respond!
Funny about the flip flops - When my twins were born and I was in the hospital, my dh got my other 3 kids ready for church and even combed my daughters hair and had a pony tail in it. When he got to church he noticed he had one brown shoe and one black shoe on. Of course he stood up and announced it to the whole church!

February 05, 2006 5:04 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Wow Jamie, 8 kids...where do you find the time?- ;) I HATE that comment too, and I only have 3...well, almost 4 :) Oh yes and "are these all YOURS?" Like..oh yeah I rent them sometimes...anyway... Sure wish I could hear your boys :( *sigh* miss you...been having trouble getting on the blog lately. {hug}heather

February 05, 2006 6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate that comment too, and I only have 3. I want so bad to say, "No, it's not my hands that are full....just my heart." I haven't gotten brave enough for that yet though. LOL
Funny about the flip flops!

February 05, 2006 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Jamie, I can relate! People can be very rude, but what we've been hearing lot lately is "God bless you" (in a tone that says--you're gonna need it, or you have your hands full). Mike responds, "Yes He has". LOL Too cute. Time to affirm that children are in fact a blessing!

That is too funny about the flip-flops! haha
Hugs

February 05, 2006 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home