weight loss weblog

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Lanolizing Wool

There are several methods so I will just tell you the way I do it. I wash mine with a wool wash bar that contains about 20% ( maybe more I can't remember) of lanolin. I get mine from www.sudzndudz.com Then I have this balm in a jar you can see it in the other posts that I rub on my hands and pat it on the wool. It takes a few applications to get it really lanolized but it works well before then too.
After they are washed I just reapply lanolin balm to my dry longies/covers and keep applying ever so often till they need to be washed again. I air dry them after use.
You can also use a liquid spray..I have a friend that uses that and loves it. And you can also buy a type that you emulsify in warm/hot water and let your wool soak it up. You have to be careful when washing your wool or it will felt up(shrink and make felt like material).

I prefer to use my wool at night..(in lieu of pajama bottoms) and when we go out because they are so darn cute!

I know that the sudz n dudz website has more information also. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Joy said...

Wow thanks! Storing that little bit of infor for later!

December 20, 2005 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home