weight loss weblog

Friday, December 16, 2005

If you thought I was already insane.....



You should see it when there are 4 violins are playing at once in my house! LOL Yes my hubby and my children are learning to play violin. Jim, Jason and Jessica can play "I have decided to follow Jesus" by ear. We are working on purchasing some beginner violin books but not sure what to purchase. I'm looking at Rubank Elementary books. At least to get the basics down.

Joshua even has his own violin! Its soo little and he LOVES it. Here he is playing while Jerrica and Jared act silly!


We have other instruments we are learning to play and we are desperately looking for a piano teacher for the girls although I am doing my floundering best to teach them. I play flute but my flute we have is not in good shape. Maybe we will get a new one this year. We also have a trumpet, clarinet and a trombone! Just a regular band going here!

So on any given night you might hear music..or not (depending on your point of view) coming from our home.

7 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Wow Jamie! I didnt realize you had so many instraments!
I have to say I was impressed with Jim playing! :)
I love that song, I have decided to follow Jesus"
So glad the day I did!

December 16, 2005 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like real family fun there... Hope everyone is doing well.. Take care and we send our love and prayers.

December 17, 2005 2:31 AM  
Blogger Her said...

we learn by video! try homespuntapes.com
they have great stuff for kids!

December 17, 2005 5:48 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Stephanie, does homespun tapes have books that go along with it?

December 17, 2005 7:04 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

ok i looked and it looks good but were looking for more classical approach..Jim and I are not really into bluegrass I dont know if I would survive the begining lessons!

December 17, 2005 7:09 AM  
Blogger Her said...

ok if this is doubled sorry. my computer is acting up. i can't handle the bluegrass thing either. there are a few classical dvds on there but not many. also try activemusician.com I know they have classical because i bought a flute dvd for my daughter.

December 17, 2005 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Do you need to get some Tylenol? LOL

December 17, 2005 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home