weight loss weblog

Monday, March 27, 2006

Responding to some comments

Recently I posted about Infant feeding and my take on breastfeeding. You can find that post here My Take on Infant Feeding.

You know, I was a little hesitant to even write about this. Around the time I originally started typing it up I had decided to wait on it. (YES I have LOTS of drafts ) One of my reasons in almost NOT posting this was because I know some women who did not breastfeed that maybe didnt know any different or didnt have the support that they could have had and would have had their feelings hurt in reading this. It is not my intent to hurt them. Of course I know women on the other hand who will not breastfeed for what ever reason and are very adamant about their decision. Usually those are the ones that view it as dirty. I so scratch my head at these women. You can't read your Bible and NOT see that BREASTS are not the big stinking deal that people make them out to be. YES men like them..PRAISE GOD. And YES we probably shouldn't whip them out..but I think a lot of the wierd perceptions women have about breastfeeding is because they view thier breasts more as something for pleasure. What galls me is a woman can almost walk down the streets with it all showing..and sometimes it is..but flip out if a woman is breastfeeding her child in public. THAT is another post. I will say this much. I would LOVE to see someone approach me and say something. I feel I am very modest in nursing..I don't throw the blanket over my shoulder ( I think it draws more attention ) but I will use the receiving blanket and strategicly place it. I have walked around nursing my baby in the mall and you would NEVER know I was nursing. HOW do I know this..because I have had people come up to me and lift the blanket and get their shocked face and appologize profusely. Ok they might have seen 1/2 inch of skin..so what? YOU will definetly see way more than that during the summer at any store. but like I said that is another post.

Something that was just preached last night..YOU CANT CHANGE YOUR PAST there is no sense stressing out about it. I figure there are plenty of mistakes I have made..I look back and I have so many regrets..but I cant change them..I just say to myself..well now that I know this about that I will do such and such instead. Thats all you can do. I also like to use my regrets to help others not to make the same mistake. I have made BIG blunders..(unwed pregnancy) but I look back and see that God used even that to bring about Good. I know had I not gotten pregnant I probably would be on a very bad path. I know that had I not met my husband I would not be saved today. God KNEW what was best for me..even when I totally messed up. I know that we are all in a learning process. Learning about life here on this earth and our life to come in Heaven. We are bound to make mistakes. I just hope I can share some of what I have learned to others so they do not go through the same mistakes I have.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that breast feeding is natural and it shouldn't be looked at in a gross way. I don't know why some women are that way. I wish I could of breast fed. I felt bad when I couldn't because of problems... It's natural and if you think about it Jesus was breast fed.. They didn't have Enfimal with Iron back then..

March 27, 2006 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It too angers me that people are desensitized to seeing immodesty and think it's ok, but then get offended when something natural is done to nourish an infant. These people should stay at home watching their MTV.....

March 28, 2006 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home