weight loss weblog

Friday, March 24, 2006

Prize Winner of Defiance Oio

Last night I watched a movie called the "Prize Winner of Defiance Ohio" . It is well worth your time in renting. I laughed, I cried and when it ended, I was wanting to see more. Its about a woman who had 10 children and because her husband was a drinker, he didn't bring home much of his paycheck. She entered and won contests and supplemented her families income. If you have the time to check it out I highly recommend it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

We don't have the video here, but we have the book. I read an excerpt from chapter 1, and I'm going to go get the book. It looks like it's lots of fun!

March 24, 2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger FrequentReader said...

That's my favorite book! :) The movie followed the book pretty close, but you didn't get to experience her great winning essays in the movie!

March 27, 2006 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home