weight loss weblog

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Herd of Buffalo

I started this back in January..forgot all about it.

I am sitting here..reading blogs and such. I KNOW its late and I am going to have to sneak into bed so not to wake Jim. He gets kind of cranky if I am up too late.
Anyways, pretty much nightly at my house you can hear a herd of buffalo running down the stairs. NO its not my kids..its the cats! Casey, the cat we have had the longest, when it was just her..she would run down those steps and I would crack up at how much noise she would make and she is a tiny tiny cat. But now that we have several cats..if they all come down at once its pretty funny! Some times I just feel like going YEEE HAW! And roping those cats. LOL But I am sure Jim would wake up and find out just HOW late I was up.

We are a little incompatible in that area. I am a total night owl..but JIM he is this really happy cheerful morning person. Sometimes he even breaks into song! ME? I don't even like to talk to anyone the first couple hours I am awake. I dont think I've always been this way but have become this way as I have become older and more set in my ways...( that strikes me funny).

Most of my kids are like Jim..these cheerful fast moving morning people. They start out their day busy, loud and crazy! Jason and Jerrica are more like me.

That's not saying though that I cant change. I have in the past been a morning person. It was while I was pregnant with my 3rd Child. I had insomia with Jacob and I would wake up at 3am and go shopping at walmart when it went to 24 hours. I loved it! I would get home right before Jim would wake for work clean house and then cook breakfast feed the kids and crash for my morning nap! For a while after Joshua was born, I would get up and go to the gym in the wee hours of the morning. I loved it but I just cant do that anymore..I wonder if staying up too late has anything to do with that?

One of my goals for this year is to go to bed earlier and get up earlier. (this i write after midnight)

Anyways, since I discovered this draft well after Jim has left. Let me tell you, he has been gone a MONTH and after a month of staying up late doing what I want, I tell you, although I enjoy the quiet time, I sure wish I knew I was going to have to sneak up the stairs to not wake Jim. I am seriously contemplating trying to become a morning person. (we will see how long that lasts) I realize that right now it is soo late and it looks like I am really a NIGHT OWL, but actually I had fallen asleep at 11pm tonight on the couch and just a little bit ago I woke up and headed upstairs for bed..which brings me partly why I came back down to blog and then got sidetracked editing some draft posts I started.
So the reason I am blogging at 4am is to tell you what sweet girls I have.
Tonight, when they went to bed, at some point, they went upstairs and made my bed. And let me tell you that was some feat! The feather bed had slipped down so this morning I had just pulled part of it off the floor and set it on my bed. Joshua was still sleeping so I didn't want to wake him. So I just figured I would go back up and make my bed later. I laughed as I wrote this because I rarely make it back upstairs because my day usually gets pretty busy. So tonight as was heading back up there I remembered I needed to make my bed and sort of dreaded it. So what a surprise to see it already done and now I just have to get in it and go back to sleep for the rest of the night/morning. So I am off..to dream land. And tomorrow it is EARLY bedtime for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Free In Christ said...

Kids are great. Sounds like you have an "exciting" house to live in. You sound like me and my husband. I'm the night owl, he's the early bird.

March 27, 2006 5:49 AM  
Blogger Free In Christ said...

You are blessed. Hey, it reminded me of the other day. I told my 2 little ones that the next day they had to clean their room before they'd get their allowance. I sent them to bed. Actually one starts out in our bed, and the other in their own room, then when one of us goes to bed, we'll move them. Well, Zach the youngest, was in his room that night, and he quietly cleaned his room without having to be told over and over, and complaining, and did it all by himself. What a great guy!

March 27, 2006 5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home