weight loss weblog

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday Jessica!

I just wanted to take a quick minute and say Happy New year! Its a NEW year to do more for the Lord! Tonight we had some friends over from church and I tell you we had a GREAT time! The time went so fast! We played games, had Jessica's party ate way too much food! The younger kids did soooo good too! It was such a blessing!

Jessica had a LEMON birthday cake (as per her request). I decorated it but well it doesnt seem to be my year for cakes. I think I need more practice! WEll I will have it this month anyway..Joshua's birthday is the 21st and Jerrica's is the 22nd.

Tonight at the shoppette (for the customary candle run) I found a Better Homes and Gardens cook book and I gave it to Jessica for her birthday..ok it was spur of the moment but it was a really good deal. And she LOVES to cook and all the time wants me to teach her. But I LOVE it we looked through it tonight its like a mini home ec class! So we are going to go through it together. I have ALWAYS wanted a Betty Crocker cookbook. They seem to be always out of my reach but they just look so informative. I have more to share about her birthday but being it sooo late and I am about to pass out from sheer exhaustion I am going to have to wait till um later today since its already tomorrow!

Plus I want to remember some of the funny highlights of our night.

One that was sooo funny was I was cleaning off the high chair cover and told Jason to hang it in the laundry room so it would drip dry and he didnt move so I said Jason what character trait from the board are you doing. On our white board we have all sorts of traits and good things written like "Tell the truth" "loving" "kind" "obey" "respect" etcetera.. Anyways with out skipping a beat Jason says "Patience" I about died! SO stinking creative! So I picked up my wooden spoon and said hmm..let me help you learn a few others LOL It was funny and he did go put it up but ONERY!


Well thats it for tonight. I do have some pictures of part of our craziness. I also have pictures of the birthday girl getting her most famed and fabulous present. Jim captured the moment so perfectly!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful and blessful New Year and Happy Birthday Jessica....

January 01, 2006 7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We DID have a great time, and the time went SOOO fast!! Thank you SOOO much Landers' FAMILY!!! :)

January 01, 2006 12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you! Sounds like such fun and LOL @ Patience!

January 01, 2006 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home