weight loss weblog

Friday, January 20, 2006

Are you a reader?

Yes I am still here but wait I have more to say!

I am always amazed at people who read books. LOL I know this is going to sound so pathetic and but I don't read books. Well other than my KJV Bible, but that't it. OK I did read Created to be his help meet but its more of a study book . I can literally count on 1/2 my hand the amount of books I read a year. And then I see women who read like tons of books. I mean I used to read a lot but I am kind of funny in the books I like. I personally like hard to read non fiction books. I should compile a list of books that I have read and you would see what I mean. But lets just say..JIM likes to read the books I read.

Anyways back to discussing what others read. It just amazes me that the stuff people read. I wish I could read fiction but honestly when I do read fiction I sit there kind of bored because its soo stinking predictable. And I guess I am not really into romance books.

Sometimes I see books that would have interested me but the reason I don't read anymore is.....because I didnt find it practical . Here I would be reading all these books that talked about , for example, why the earth is young and why blah blah blah..and Jim would have to endure my fired up state. I would have all this stuff in my head and no outlet for it..and Jim can only take so much. ( It's much like women fired up after watching Oprah)

So I swore off books. I just can't handle being smart LOLOL.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Jamie,
I LOVE to read, but for now, reading anything (other than the study we are working on, devotions, and the Bible) just casually is not an option at this point (toooo busy). But, the fiction classics really are good. GREAT EXPECTATIONS, OLIVER TWIST, TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD...these are wonderful thought provoking reads. One of my most favorite is HINDS FEET ON HIGH PLACES...once you get used to the fact that it is an allegory about a lamb trusting her shepherd to get her to the "high places"...just beautiful!!! Had me choked up many times :)

January 20, 2006 1:12 PM  
Blogger FrequentReader said...

I LOVE to read. I read over 100 books last year. Granted, no kids! LOL! A good fiction book won't be predictible, maybe you are just picking up mediocore (sp?) authors when you pick up fiction books? (It happens to the best of us!) I have really been enjoying the Traveler's Tales series. Much like Chicken Soup, except the books have a theme and aren't always so heart-warming, but they are interestring adventures that people have had while traveling in places I'll never get to go, so I find them facinating! :)

January 20, 2006 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE READING.
Ok. So I don't get to very much anymore. Especially since whenever I DO have a free moment I am on the INTERNET. (throat-clearing moment here.) Seriously, I'll read everything. Fiction, non, educational, classic, spiritual (well, GOOD spiritual, you know what I mean) and children's. A LOT of children's. tee hee. I have always had a love of reading, and I used to be JUST like FrequentReader up there. Pre-kids, of course. (I like how she threw that in there, because I could never do it now!!!)
So there's my two cents.
Your blog today kind of came out of the blue, didn't it? :) Must be the sickness talking. :)

January 20, 2006 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home