weight loss weblog

Saturday, April 29, 2006

3.21 a gallon!

Can you believe these prices? The gas just went up..yet again. To fill my van it is going to be 100.00. OK sickening! I secretly think these gas prices are done so we don't complain about it when its 1.50 a gallon.

I had plans to go to Oregon to visit family around the 4th of July but right now with gas the way it is, there is NO WAY. Plus the fact that Jim has expressed that he would rather I didn't go which to me is the same as saying NO. And his reason are reasonable. So I am not going. I know I have disappointed many. INCLUDING myself, but I am not going to pay 1000.00 to drive there and back. I mean..I COULD go..but that really is sacrificing our future. Jim and I are planning on buying a house as soon as he gets back from Iraq...HE only has 2 years till he retires we need to focus on his retirement.

Well..I better get..I have a lot to do today! Going through books!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Oh Jamie, that is just awful. I hope the federal probes into all the price gauging will control some of the craziness. Miss and love you!! heather

April 29, 2006 9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are at $2.93 right now but we have been told we will hit about $3.50 here during the summer. The price of gas is insane. But here in America we do use a lot. And I wondering when we will run out. There are alternatives but we haven't put enough towards studies. Hopefully soon they do before we run out. Sorry for the long comment Jamie. It just allc ame out.. It's so insane.

April 30, 2006 3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home