weight loss weblog

Friday, December 23, 2005

I've had a BREAKTHROUGH!

you know when people move, for some reason..(and mind you I am NOT complaining) they give us their coffee filters. Ok there was a time when we would run out. I know that just seems so odd now. And so impossible but there is NO fear of running out now! We have too many. I think we have almost 1500 coffee filters in that cabinet! So I was going to post..what should I do with all these filters? But today after reading Holly's blog I found a super great use!

SNOWFLAKES!

Here is the link to snowflakes! If you scroll to the bottom or middle (I cant remember go look) you will see links for 6 and 12 sided coffee filter snow flakes! So guess what we will be doing this weekend! Snowflake making!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Jamie-I found a really really neat way to make snowflakes too!! With Borax (the laundry booster) I found it on the internet too...so so easy, but they grow crystals all over the pipe-cleaners over night!! The Kids LOVED them. Just look up Borax snowflakes.

December 23, 2005 2:48 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Heather!
I did look this up..I am going to try it..do you think I can do it with a coffee filter if I let it dry after soaking?
Well we will find out! I dont have any pipe cleaners!

December 23, 2005 8:14 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

think as long as there is a rough surface to cling to...it would work..let me know!! Our pipe cleaner ones turned out really neat...it is imperitive that they don't touch the bottom or sides of the container or you will end up with REALLY deformed snowflakes ;)

December 23, 2005 11:52 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Ohh that is such a neat idea!!! Make sure you take pictures of them!!!

December 24, 2005 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home