weight loss weblog

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Rewards! Rewards! Rewards

Ok as an incentive for my children to encourage them to work more diligently in their daily studies, I am looking for ideas for things they can earn. We used to do a treasure box that every friday they could pick something from the box.
I guess I want something that they will work towards weekly..with possible monthy and quarterly rewards. Or larger rewards for consistancy.
I know people tend to work harder for something they want...its the finding what they want.

I know.and it has been suggested that there are other means of motivation. However I am trying to make this positive. Not saying that other means don't have their place..but I guess I want this to be like a pay check for hard work. Even though, I think the satisfaction of doing their work should be enough. LOL I am cracking myself up!

Anyways, I am open to suggestions for weekly rewards, consistancy rewards..( 6 weeks, 9 weeks..) And bigger rewards. I would also like to reward for work above and beyond .

Any suggestions? Ideas?

1 Comments:

Blogger Free In Christ said...

Hello! I found your blog through Heathers (which I found through someone elses) At any rate. We used a ticket system with our boys for a while and it worked wonderfully. (I'm thinking of implementing it again. We just gave them each a certain amount of tickets each day (for free) and they could loose them for disobedience, or fighting, or anything. Using tickets gave them something tangible to see each day. They worked to save them and we also had a "price" list for prizes, and it was fun to see them figure how many more tickets they needed to earn what they wanted. We let them work out the prize list--with our help. You could set it up like this maybe, or they could earn their tickets. Maybe set an amount for a task and give them tickets accordinly, then also have a prize price list. We even had an amount of tickets to get actuall cash. We just bought a roll of carnival tickets from wal-mart. There is like a million on a roll and they are fairly cheap.
I hope this makes some sense. If not you can contact me through my email.
Ramjaz5@yahoo.com
Melissa M

March 09, 2006 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home