weight loss weblog

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Blessings in Disguise!

You know sometimes things happen and they truely are a blessing in disguise.

Recently I was removed from a message board that I have been a member of for a couple of years. Its my own fault, I had posted something that was controversial and the owner of the board took it as a personal attack on her. Although I will not back down on my beliefs, I admit after I reread my post , I was like yeah..It does sound quite harsh. I admit I could done it so much differently, but well its to late now. Whats done is done and there is nothing I can do about it now.
When she first removed me, honestly I was shocked. It felt like there was a death in the family. I pretty much cried all day. I love this board and all the ladies on it. Especially the owner. She has been a friend for years and someone I have looked up to. I do realize I could have done it so differently and so could she. Its happened and I have to move on..

I will be honest, not everyone was sad! My kids were happy! They all said YEAH moms kicked off the board now we can spend more time with her! How sad is that!

The next morning when I woke up I had such PEACE about the whole thing. God showed me that day that I had spent way too much time on my computer! NOW I just have so much time. My house is clean..my kids are happier, Its just amazing! I sit and just thank God for this. I have perfect peace! Amazing! I wouldnt be honest if I said I dont miss it. I do. BUT I see this is best. And I am happy.

I have a dear friend who wants this to all be blown over and for me to be restored. I doubt that will ever happen. I am not sure if the rift between us can ever be forgiven or restored. Even if it is and I am allowed to rejoin this board, I dont think I will. I know I have trouble being on the computer in moderation. I think that this is a good opportunity to really spend time looking to the ways of my household.

I am sure that I will lose friends through this. When ever something like this happens, people tend to take sides. some will feel they have to choose one or the other. I would never expect that choice and I hope that it doesnt happen. In reality it does happen. My true friends, the ones who can say to me wow Jamie you messed up. The ones who love me inspite of my mistakes or my opinions or whatever. I say to you. I love you and I am so very thankful to have friends like you! I hope I can always be a friend to you to in the same way you have been to me. We may not always agree but I am thankful that we can speak honestly to one another and still love each other.

So in closing this chapter in my life all I can say is thank you Lord. For bringing good out of bad, for showing me areas I need to work on and for still being there when I mess up.

So that said, have a blessed day in the LORD.

7 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Jamie, that is so hard :( I want to cry too. I am a bit suprised though.... I will leave it at that. I love you!! I know that you were just sick over it. (I don't even know what the issue was)...anyway- it is so good you can always manage to see the positive in things.

December 08, 2005 2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'd been wondering about you. I didn't know if you'd left, or were just taking a break. I must say that I will miss you. It's amazing how "online people" can work their way into your hearts. I know that you have mine. Well, that's all I will say on here. Call me again. (I'll try to be home next time.)
(((((Jamie)))))))

December 08, 2005 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaaaaaaaaamie! Just think of how our houses will be spotless clean now (right!) Well...I said it there, and I'll say it again...I think your post was FINE! But..ha..the little people's opinion doesn't matter LOL! People need thicker skin, I say!
Love ya!
Gina

December 08, 2005 3:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah Joy said...

I really am sad this happened, but I am not going to take sides. I'm glad I can contact you here on your blog.

December 09, 2005 12:48 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

(((Jamie))) I just saw this. Somehow my bloglines wasn't alerting me to new posts.

You will be missed! Love ya!

December 10, 2005 7:25 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I'm sorry things went the way they did, I also don't plan to pick sides! I love you and you are a great friend to me!! IM or call me anytime!!!

LOVE YOU!!!

December 11, 2005 12:43 PM  
Blogger Her said...

Where have I been? I have no clue what happened but I will still be able to chat with you here! Love ya chick!

December 12, 2005 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home