weight loss weblog

Saturday, May 20, 2006

What happens when you add Free Flowers

to a messy yard? You get a flower garden! The kids and I worked this week planting flowers. We had to move rocks (Jason took inititive!), chop up the dirt ( we all had a hand) and plant the flowers. It looks sooo nice out there. MY favorite part of the night?? Sitting out there in my chair drinking a diet coke and just resting.

It actually makes me miss Jim so much! He would really enjoy it. "It's soooo romantic"

You know what was the best part of planting these flowers? It was seeing my children work together. It wasn't all peaches and cream, but they did it with out too many battle scars.

I also enjoyed seeing Joshua get excited about all the plants..and seeing him "find the worm" that was swimming in the mud water. And of course seeing him pack that worm around for 2 hours because it is his friend.

I think my favorite part was when we watered the kids and the plants!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

What a blessing! I love gardens...are you going to post pics?

May 20, 2006 10:34 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Yeah, Jamie!! I want to see a picture!!!

May 21, 2006 8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so enjoyable to see the work of your own hands! YAY~ I added some flowers to the front, too, and am loving the splashes of color. It is too precious to see your family working together to accomplish a common goal; what a tender heart moment.
Hugs,
Jenn

I want a pic, too!

May 25, 2006 11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Jamie!
I haven't been by for a visit lately, so thought I would pop in and see how you are doing.
That is great that you and the kids worked in the yard together. I plan on weeding and planting my flower beds this weekend.
All of you guys are in my prayers.

Take care and God bless you!!
~hugs~

May 25, 2006 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home