weight loss weblog

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Katrina

Were sitting here watching the devestation all over the news, to me it is just amazing! I guess the hardest part of this is seeing the people who had a chance to leave, narrowly escaping death. Or worse..not escaping death. Families, torn apart, never again to be the same. It upsets me to see people with no disregard for their safety and the saftey of their family. How much money is being spent to rescue these same people? I am sure FAR more than it would have been to leave. Lives endangered for their freedom to stay. My heart breaks for the children caught in this. I just wish people would use common sense! My prayers are with these people who lost their homes, their buisnesses. And yes, even those foolish enough to stay.

Looking at the damage shown in the media, its overwhelming, a whole city! It seems hopeless! The saying " you cant take it with you" is so true, some of these people didn't even have time to get their shoes on.

How suddenly our life can change! In the Bible we are told to be ready for the the coming of the Lord.
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they say Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them.... 1 Thess 5:2-3a


Although I have the helmet of salvation and I know I can leave this world in peace knowing where I will be when its over. Although seeing this type of devastation reminds me that not only should my walk be right with the Lord, but I need to be doing more for HIM. I wonder how many of these people went out into eternity without the hope of eternal life with Jesus.

Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. James 4:14

I know I have purposed in my heart to do more for him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know living in Pt. Charlotte, Florida, and experiencing Hurricane Charley, I can say no one ever thought that a hurricane could do so much damage. I really think these people just had no idea that A hurricane could do this much dammage. I know I didnt. I had no idea that wind and rain could rip apart so much. And we still have millions of dollars of repair to be done. People here are still living in trailers, campers, etc.
I truly believe if these people knew what kind of damage could be done, they would not have stayed.
Its so unreal. I still cant believe last years hurricane. No one thought it would be like that. And I have a feeling many thought the same thing with Katrina.
Love ya Jamie!

August 30, 2005 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home