weight loss weblog

Monday, September 12, 2005

I had an Apple Peel day.

Its a long story but I call days that are turning out wrong Apple Peel Days. Its taken from when I was 9 months pregnant with Jared.

My whole pregnancy with Jared was actually quite adventurous. On that fateful day I was 9 months pregnant and nearing my due date. I had gotten up early that morning well before the kids, all were asleep except for Jerrica. My house was clean..I was dressed and relaxed. Jerrica was hungry so I gave her one and I thought..This is great I can get on and email and relax I dont have to do anything till the kids all wake up! So here we are, her sitting beside me eating her apple, and me typing my busy little fingers away. All this time I kept thinking this is GREAT!

I kept glancing at Jerrica.. smiling at her, so happy she was content to be eating her apple! She was walking around at this point just being happy. I kept saying oh your being so GOOD Jerrica! Letting Mommy type email. A little while later I heard the kids start to stir, that's about the time I finished up my email got up to start a load of laundry and make breakfast. When I stood up and took a look around the room , I gasped in horror to see that Jerrica, while she was eating had spit all those apple peels out of her mouth and onto the floor!!!! And it wasn't a few! The room was COVERED with them. Maybe it was my hormones? Maybe it was the fact that I was 9 months pregnant, as I bent over and picked up those pieces, I started bawling my head off. That is how crazy hectic days, where everything is going wrong, became Apple peel days.

Mine actually started last night. I was up too late last night. As the night got later I was stuck between indecision..Should I just stay up and get a jump on my day? OR should I go to sleep and just start my day out later than usual? Well I choose to go to sleep. I slept in till 8:30 and I wasn't nearly as tired as I thought I would be with less than 5 hours of sleep! UGH. After I came down stairs I found that Joshua had gotten into the top ramen and was eating it dry and leaving noodle pieces all over my living room carpet. That was the start of a crazy day with MORE chaos than I care to admit too.

One thing that happened today is I ended up getting frustrated with Jessica's hair and cut it all off. It was so bad she had this matted up mess in the back of her hair..under the top layer of her hair so you couldnt see it until you went to comb it. I felt so bad after I did it but she really liked it. ( I honestly wasn't mean just so sick and tired of her curly hair ratting up and the hour it takes me to fix her hair. ) I guess its my fault though, I am just not good with hair! You've seen mine! LOL But she loves it! I am so glad.

Things just have been busy and crazy all day but PRAISE THE LORD my day is OVER! And its MY time to sit and relax! One good thing that happened today is..I redid my hair black and it actually took this time..so now I am not an orange skunk. It's all blended back to the color Jim wanted me to have! I guess I am doomed to black hair forever..but since my hubby really wanted me to have black hair I guess its worth it since he loves it! I have been trying to obey him and finding that I really dont. I think in the last 2 years I have been horribly rebellious and domineering towards him. So, I am working on being a better wife to him. I am reading a book called CREATED TO BE HIS HELPMEET by Debbi Pearl. It has been a MAJOR eye opener for me. I have really enjoyed it ( and cringed a little). It has also given me a picture of what I can become by God's grace! The hardest part is that I am seeing more and more that where I have thought I was pretty ok and submissive, I am finding that in reality I am so far from it.

My biggest struggle is when I dont think we should do something or allow something with our kids. That is where I find myself fighting Jim the most. For example, the other day he rented a movie for the kids that I would rather they didn't see. I just don't like it. Well in the movie store he said what do you think about this? And I said..Oh I don't really want them watching that. And he said..No it will be ok and handed it to me to hold. So all through the store I kept saying are you sure you want to get this? Why don't we get something else? Finally I slapped myself..Ok KIDDING but I stopped and got ahold of myself, realizing I was NOT being submissive, I wanted him to see it my way. I didn't say anything more.

When we got home, I found myself getting angry at Jim while the kids were watching that movie. It was a cartoon. because I don't really watch cartoons, I was sitting on the computer getting kind of ticked at him. That is till I realized that I was NOT submitting to him at all. So I got my heart in check and boy do I feel so much better. In times past I would have sat there mad and maybe the rest of the day been ticked off at him..and by the time he noticed my air of indifference I might have forgotten the "reason" ( I have a really bad memory! LOL) but I would have been mad and in my mind it would have moved beyond a simple disagreement but all out war! And I don't want that.


Jim and I have had some power struggles this year..ME stepping out of bounds and I tell you..when I have, we ALL have been MISERABLE. I can tell you some stories that you would think what in the world! Are you 3 years old? I look back and just shake my head at myself! MY POOR HUBBY puts up with so much from me! I know it will be a CONSTANT battle to submit to him. It definitely doesn't come easy for me! I so want to be the wife God wants me to be to Jim. He really is a great man! A great father. I am so blessed to be his wife.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Jamie, this post was a blessing to read. I'm sorry you had a "apple peel day", but it sounds like it turned out good for you. =)

September 13, 2005 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home